All of your favourite Disney songs are about to be given a whole new lease of life!
Decca Records and Disney Music Group’s Walt Disney Records have teamed up to announce a new album called Disney Goes Classical, which will evoke the colour, emotion and pure joy of Disney music like never before.
Some of the most famous and beloved Disney songs have been re-orchestrated and recorded at London’s Abbey Road Studios, with help from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and a host of celebrated names.
The first track to be unveiled from the album is a beautiful rendition of The Lion King’s ‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight’, as performed by Matteo Bocelli, the son of Andrea Bocelli. The pair previously collaborated on a track called ‘Fall on Me’, which was chosen for the closing credits of Disney’s The Nutcracker and The Four Realms.
Speaking about his involvement, Matteo said: “I am beyond excited to join this project with Disney. The Lion King is one of the most cherished movies from my childhood and to sing the lead song is truly an honor for me. Elton John is one of my musical heroes for both his songwriting skills and his unique style. I hope to take some of that influence into the music I’m currently working on which I hope to share with you soon.”
Listen to Matteo’s take on ‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight’ below.
The album will also feature songs from movies including Pocohontas, Aladdin, Hercules, and The Jungle Book. Four-time Grammy®-winning American soprano Renée Fleming features on the album with a stunning rendition of ‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ from Pinocchio, whilst renowned Japanese classical guitarist Kaori Muraji features on the performance of ‘Part Of Your World’ from The Little Mermaid.
- ‘Overture’ from Mary Poppins
- ‘How Far I’ll Go’ from Moana
- ‘A Whole New World’ from Aladdin
- ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ ft Matteo Bocelli from The Lion King
- ‘Almost There’ from The Princess and the Frog
- ‘Go the Distance’ from Hercules
- ‘Colours of the Wind’ from Pocahontas
- ‘When She Loved Me’ from Toy Story 2
- ‘The Bare Necessities’ from The Jungle Book
- ‘Part of Your World’ ft Kaori Muraji from The Little Mermaid
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ from Beauty and the Beast
- ‘I See the Light’ from Tangled
- ‘Let It Go’ from Frozen
- ‘Reflection’ from Mulan
- ‘When You Wish Upon a Star’ ft Renée Fleming from Pinocchio
‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight’ is available to download and stream now.
Disney Goes Classical can be pre-ordered now and will be released on October 2.