If you’re missing the Disney parks as much as we are, you’re in for a treat! We’ve got the recipe for the churros you’ll find at parks across the globe. Enjoy them as a treat, a dessert, or a snack watching Disney+ and wow your friends with them after you’ve perfected them.
1 cup water
8 tbsp butter
¼ tsp salt
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ tsp cinnamon in a saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and add flour. Stir until the mix forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until combined.
- Heat the oil in a separate medium skillet or saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag with a star-shaped tip. Pipe strips of dough over the saucepan, cut, and drop into the hot oil.
- Repeat until the churros fill the saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry the churros until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Drain the churros on a paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon in a bowl and coat the churros.
Still missing the parks? Check out our tips on how to enjoy Disney while you’re social distancing.