Disney’s new streaming service Disney+ will be launching in the US on November 12 and among the content will be an exciting new documentary series profiling some of the most remarkable people who are involved in the world of Disney.
One Day At Disney was announced during D23 along with an accompanying trailer which gives us an insight into what we can expect from the series. Each episode, which will last around 4-7 minutes, will profile a single individual and their work within Disney. From cast members to Imagineers, there will be 52 episodes in total.
The first episode, which will launch on Disney+ on December 3, will be a feature length special covering the following individuals:
- Eric Baker: The Walt Disney Imagineer who has overseen the creation of many of the intricately detailed props and lifelike creatures that inhabit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the newest lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- Ashley Girdich: A talented Walt Disney Imagineer who, as a Research and Development Project Manager, drives plans and helps teams execute some of the innovative robotics technology projects being created for our Parks around the world
- Eric Goldberg: The legendary animator known for creating the Genie in Aladdin and Phil in Hercules, directing Pocahontas, as well as for animating Mickey Mouse in the Academy Award-nominated short Get a Horse!
- Mark Gonzales: A Los Angeles native who works on the world-famous Disneyland Railroad
- Grace Lee: A senior illustration manager at Disney Worldwide Publishing who has worked on titles from Zootopia to Fancy Nancy
- Zamavus “Zama” Magudulela: The talented South African actor currently playing Rafiki in the Madrid production of phenomenally successful musical The Lion King
- Ryan Meinerding: Marvel Studio’s head of visual development who has worked on films including Avengers: Endgame and Guardians of the Galaxy
- Dr. Natalie Mylniczenko: The veterinarian who cares for creatures large and small at Walt Disney World Resort, including a number of endangered and threatened species.
- Jerome Ranft: The skilled Pixar artist who created detailed sculptures for animators to use as reference for such films as Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3, and Ratatouille
- Robin Roberts: The former ESPN sportscaster has been co-anchor of the Emmy® Award-winning, top-rated morning show, Good Morning America, since 2005
Check out the trailer below.
Disney Publishing Worldwide will also be releasing an accompanying book written by Bruce Steele. The 224-page book will feature 76 unique photo shoots which took place around the world, capturing images of employees and cast members from the Walt Disney Company.
Stay tuned to Disney in Motion from more news from D23 Expo 2019!